MyMealTime.com provides the opportunity for you to view your student’s purchase history, make credit card deposits into your student’s café account, and receive email notifications of low balances. Online deposits are NOT required to view or receive email notifications of your student’s café account.
3 Easy Steps to Use MyMealTime.com
- Open your web browser, type mymealtime.com into the address bar and press enter.
- Step 2: Link Your Student. Click the “Add Student” button, then click “New”. Select your state and then type the name of your child’s school and click to select. Enter your student’s ID number (provided by the school) and first name only. Click “Add”. Repeat Step 2 as needed for additional students.
- Step 3: Make a Deposit. Click on “Home – Deposit Funds”. Click on the green “Add $” button and select the amount of the deposit. Click “Go to Checkout”, or if you wish to make a deposit for another student, click “Add to Cart”. Once you are finished entering payments, click “Go to Checkout” or click on the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of your screen.The Secure Checkout window will open. Verify that the payment amounts are correct, and click “Add a payment method” to enter your credit card information. Click “Save for future purchases” if you would like to save this card for future transactions. Click “Use/Save Payment Method”. Review the amount your credit card will be charged and click “Complete Transaction”.The student’s balance will be updated after a synchronization process with the school’s lunchroom computer.
Congratulations! You can now login anytime, anywhere to securely and conveniently monitor your student’s meal account and make payments.
Note: Online deposits are NOT required to view or receive email notifications of your student’s café account. Cash or check deposits to student accounts will always be accepted at your student’s school.
Meal Time Breakfast and Lunch Program Foster, Kerkstra & Ridge Schools
Forest Ridge School District 142 uses Meal Time, a computerized system for purchasing school meals (breakfast and lunch), or milk at Foster, Kerkstra and Ridge Schools. Students at Hille Middle School use the system for purchasing school meals (breakfast and lunch) as well as ala carte items.
Foster, Kerkstra and Ridge School students have ID cards with the child’s student ID bar-coded on it, in order to access their account when paying for meals or milk in the cafeteria. The homeroom teacher keeps the ID cards in school. The cashier scans the roster (during breakfast service) or ID card (during lunch service) as the student passes through the food service line.
Hille Middle School students enter their student ID number on a keypad to access their account when paying for meals in the cafeteria. Please stress to your child that they must memorize their student ID number and they should NOT share this number with others.
Since all students have an account, cash payments are NOT accepted in the service line. Parents “load” their students’ account with prepaid deposits. Deposits can be made for the week, the month, or the whole year. Purchases made in the service line are then deducted from the student’s account.
Student accounts are utilized to deposit funds for meal and milk purchases. Cash or check payments may be split between siblings within the same school. Payments can also be made online. The program allows for the purchase of one breakfast and lunch per day at the meal price set up for Paid, Reduced, or Free qualifying status. If a student purchases a second meal, OR MILK ONLY, their account is charged at the per item price regardless of eligibility.
The Meal Time system assures the privacy of students who qualify for free or reduced price meals, as well as allowing additional controls on an individual basis for things such as diet restrictions or use of funds at the parent’s request. The system also keeps track of how your student is spending their deposited funds.
Parents can make deposits, view their student’s account history, and receive emailed low balance notifications by setting up an account at Meal Time Online.
The following policy applies to student accounts:
1. No cash sales are accepted from students in the payment line.
2. Students with Paid and Reduced-Price status are allowed to overspend their account by no more than $10.00! Students whose status is Free are allowed to overspend their accounts by no more than $1.00!
Meal prices for the 2018-2019 school year
- Breakfast – paid meals cost $1.85, reduced-price meals cost $.30.
- Lunch – paid meals cost $3.00, reduced-price meals cost $.40
- Milk purchased separately costs $.50 regardless of a student’s status
3. Prepaid deposits can be made by check, cash or online.
Since money is often collected for many different activities at school, please be sure to indicate that you are making a MEALTIME ACCOUNT DEPOSIT. This will help the teacher and office staff makes sure the cashier receives the money to deposit into your child’s meal account. Checks must include the student’s name (first & last) and student number in the memo line. Cash must be in a baggie or envelope noting the student’s name (first & last), homeroom, and student number. Parents must create a Mealtime online account in order to make deposits online. Payments must be turned in to the main office before 10:00am in order to be credited to a student’s account that day.
Statements are emailed home informing parents of low or negative balances, but may not be sent daily. We strongly encourage parents to use the online system to monitor your child’s account and sign up for low balance email reminders, even if you do not use the online system to make deposits!
PARENTS are responsible for making sure their children have enough money in their account to purchase meals!